Thursday, October 16, 2008

Pumpkin Bread

I LOVE this recipe!! It makes such a moist and yummy bread. I usually make 4 loaves at a time and it gets gone fast. Its great the next day with a little butter and a cup of coffee. You can always subsitute the pumpkin for sweet potato and it comes out perfect too!! I have also made it that way and its a hit! (just ask the people at Hoke Correctional lol)

Ingredients
3 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon cinnamon
2 cups sugar
2 cups pumpkin (cooked fresh or canned)
4 eggs, beaten
1 1/4 cups cooking oil
1 cup nuts ( optional)

Directions
1Preheat oven to 350°.
2Grease and flour 2 loaf pans.
3Mix all dry ingredients in a bowl; set aside.
4Mix pumpkin, eggs, oil, and nuts together.
5Combine mixtures and blend thoroughly.
6Pour into pans.
7Bake for 45-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
8Remove from pans and cool on a rack.

3 comments:

Terri said...

Welcome to blogger!
I came by way of your motherinlaw =) I really like your journal..and will be by to visit often.

Have a good weekend
Hugs
Terri

I Have Tea said...

i LOVE that stuff! yummm! and so do the people at hoke. when you send bread, i have company all day in the office.

Leslie said...

Yumm.. I'm gonna have to try that!
I love Pumpkin!